Phone: 817-330-9734

Deferred Action

The adjustment of status process allows the immigrant to obtain the legal permanent resident status, also known as the green card, here in the U.S., without having to return to their home country. To qualify for this process, you will need a petition filed by your lawful status spouse, immediate relative, or an employer and your last entry must be a lawful entry. While your green card application is pending, you can apply for a work permit to legally work in the U.S, obtain a driver’s license, and social security card.

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

The DACA Program grants individuals who came into the U.S. at an early age protection from deportation and the ability to work legally in the U.S. Below is a list of the current requirements for DACA applicants:

The DACA program has been on the forefront of the immigration debate so please contact our office for more information on the legality and eligibility of this program.

Temporary Protected Status (TPS)

A temporary status given to eligible nationals of designated countries who are present in the United States. The status, afforded to nationals from some countries affected by armed conflict or natural disaster, allows persons to live and work in the United States for limited times. Please contact us if you need more information about your TPS status and whether you may be eligible for other immigration reliefs.

Military Parole in Place (PIP):

If you have a family member such as a spouse, child, or parent who served or is currently serving in the U.S. Armed Forces you might be eligible for Parole in Place also known as PIP. The benefits of PIP include, being able to obtain a work permit, and possibly being eligible to become a Legal Permanent Resident. To qualify for PIP:

Order Of Supervision (OSUP)

The US makes use of this. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is responsible for monitoring foreign nationals to identify those who have been arrested, released, and are awaiting a final deportation order.


Even though your final deportation order has been issued, you may still be eligible for an OSUP to cover the brief period before removal.